If you are looking into auto insurance for the first time, or if you have had auto insurance for years, here are a few tips to help you save on auto insurance.
- Do annual rate checks. If you are someone who has had the same auto insurer for years, it might be hard to beat your current rates, but you should still look into annual rates as you might find that you could save by switching insurers. If this is your first time buying auto insurance, you will be able to find the right insurer for you the first time.
- Look into top-rated insurers. Sometimes the lowest premium doesn’t mean you have found the best insurer for you. Most of the time, these insurers have to make up for the low premium somewhere. They usually raise your rates after an accident, or they force you to pay extra for repairs. A top-rated insurer will most likely not do this to you.
- What is your deductible? When your deductible is higher, your premiums are lower. If you can afford it, it is recommended that you pay a higher deductible since your premium will be lower. Think about it this way, a higher deductible will be straight out of pocket, but by having a lower premium, that money can go into your deductible fund.
- Review your coverage. Many states have minimums for liability insurance, make sure that you are getting more than the minimum. If you buy more coverage, which may sound strange for the long run, you will pay less. If there is an accident you are more likely to be covered if you have additional insurance compared to the state’s minimum requirements.
- Look for discounts. There are many different types of discounts offered with auto insurance. Make sure that you are taking advantage of all the ones that apply to you. These discounts are based on your lifestyle and can include:
Students who have good grades.
New drivers who have taken driver-training courses.
Older drivers who have taken refresher courses.
Drivers with defensive-driving courses.
College alumni, and similar positions.
You should also ask about things like anti-theft and safety equipment that can be provided through your insurer. Do you have multiple policies? If you do, look at bundling these policies, as they will probably save you money. Your insurer should be able to help bundle most policies.
If you live in St. Augustine and are looking for auto insurance, give Thompson Baker Insurance a call today!
Click here to Buy Auto Insurance in St. Augustine
Be the first to like.